simplex - Livestreaming
Livestreaming requirements and instructions
The following is needed to produce a livestream:
- Internet connection and browser
- Camera and microphone
- Streaming software or hardware
This checklist contains the most important points to consider a few days before a Livestream production. For the planning of a complete event, please ask us for the extensive checklist.
Livestreaming with simplex
- Connect the camera / microphone to the computer
- Install streaming software OBS: https://obsproject.com
- Open streaming software OBS and add camera / microphone as sources
(Video recording device, audio input recording)
- Open simplex in the browser and log in: https://media10.simplex.tv/simplex/
- Test if simplex is reachable by opening in your Browser: http://live.simplex.tv:1935
- Create a new LIVE project (New Project), capture title under LIVE and click on the button "Create"
- Open project
- Copy server URL and stream name
- Insert server URL and stream name in streaming software OBS under Settings / Stream
(Platform: Custom, Server: Server URL, Stream Key: Stream Name)
- Adjust OBS output settings under "Settings > Output"
Output mode: Advanced
Streaming: Encoder x264, Force Streaming Service Encoder Settings, Resize Output 1280x720, Quality Control Method CBR, Bitrate 1200, Keyframe Interval 2, Processor Usage Default Veryfast, Profile Main, Tune
Audio: Audio Bitrate 144
- Adjust OBS audio settings under "Settings > Audio"
Sample Rate 44.1khz, channels stereo
- Adjust OBS video settings under "Settings > Video"
(Scaled) output resolution 1280x720, scaling filter Bicubic (sharpened scaling, 16 samples), integer FPS value 25
- Save changes under "Apply" and close the settings
- Start OBS streaming
- Check simplex project stream in browser
- simplex GO LIVE
You weren't able to find whet you were looking for? Contact us now.
Our support team is available
from Monday until Friday
from 9 am until 5 pm.
You will get an answer from us within 24 hours.
For immediate help outside office hours please contact the emergency support for a charge:
+41 44 580 97 16
More support articles
simplex - Livestreaming encoder settings